Fall in love with your credit union membership
Financial services worth falling for!
PEAK Rewards Checking
Money does grow on trees when you take advantage of our PEAK Rewards checking account! Not only are you able to earn monthly rewards, we even give you $100 when you make the switch! Check it out at https://www.nsfcu.org/resources/tools/services/switch.html.
Low Interest Rate Loans
As a credit union, we pride ourselves on being able to offer our members low interest rates and flexible terms! Talk to a member of our loan team and see how much we can save you today!
Managing your finances is easier than ever, especially when you can do it for free! Check out online banking, bill pay, and all of our other great,. free e-Services at https://www.nsfcu.org/resources/on-the-go.
Home is built on love and dreams
At Northern Skies Federal Credit Union, we’re here to help you reach your home goals, comfortably and affordably. If you've been thinking about transforming your home into the home of your dreams, a HELOC may be a great option for you!
A Home Equity Line of Credit typically has a much lower interest rate than credit cards and other forms of borrowing. Perfect for large on going projects, you can draw funds as you need them and only pay interest on the amount you borrow. A HELOC offers the flexible financing you need for home improvements, education, debt consolidation, major life events, and more. You can even use it as an emergency reserve to cover the unexpected. We offer two types of HELOCs to help meet your needs:
Home Equity Line of Credit
- Generous credit lines based on your home’s value
- Competitive interest rates
- Quick, convenient access to funds
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Mini Home Equity Line of Credit
- Borrow up to $20,000.00 without any equity
- Competitive interest rate that's only charged on what you use
- Access cash in as little as three business days
Apply online at www.nsfcu.org or give us a call at (907) 561-1407. We’re always happy to hear from you!
Account Aggregation is here!
We're making it easy to access all your account information and financial insights, anytime, anywhere with account aggregation! Now, you can enjoy access to all your external financial data including bank account, credit card, and investment account balances and transactions from your Northern Skies online banking account!
Adding your external accounts is easy! From the "Accounts" tab in "Settings" in online banking click "Link an External Account" and then select the first option to "Link accounts from another financial institution." Then, follow the next steps!
To add accounts from your mobile app just click "Link external accounts to manage your finances all in one place" located at the bottom of the dashboard screen!
CASH FOR CANS - Over $3,000 Raised!!
September was Hunger Action month and we partnered with other Alaska credit unions to raise funds and awareness of this important cause. A big thank you goes out to our generous members that donated, we were able to raise over $3,000 for local food banks and pantries!
NOVEMBER FUNDRAISER FOR THE NORMANDY PROJECT
Did you know, that studies show that people will feed their pets before they feed themselves? Will you help to make sure that no one has to make that choice?
During the month of November, we'll be raising funds for The Normandy Project. They are a wonderful local non-profit that collects food and monetary donations that are distrubuted to local food banks for families in need.
Upcoming Annual Meeting and Election Information
2021 Annual Meeting
Please join us at the Benson branch at 7pm on Thursday, December 9, 2021 for this informative meeting.
Fraudulent Unemployment Insurance Claims via Issuance of Erroneous Forms 1099-G
The Department of Justice’s National Unemployment Insurance Fraud Task Force (NUIFTF) is investigating numerous fraud schemes targeting state workforce agency’s (SWAs) unemployment insurance (UI) programs across the United States. Fraudsters have used stolen identities to file fraudulent claims for UI benefits provided in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THREAT:
SWAs issue 1099-G form to recipients and to the IRS to report the amount of taxable unemployment compensation received and any withholding. Due to widespread fraud, much of it involving identity theft, Americans may receive a Form 1099-G indicating they have collected UI benefits when they have not done so.
HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST THIS THREAT:
Taxpayers who received a Form 1099-G for 2020 unemployment compensation that they did not receive should take the following steps:
- Contact issuing state agency to report fraud. The U.S. Department of Labor maintains a list of state contact information to report unemployment compensation fraud.
- Ask state agency to issue a corrected 1099-G. The state will need time to investigate the fraud complaint and make any correction.
- File an accurate federal tax return reporting only income received, even if a corrected 1099-G has not yet been received.
- Follow Federal Trade Commission recommendations for identity theft:
- Review free credit reports for signs of additional fraud from the credit bureaus;
- Consider a credit freeze or credit fraud alert through the credit bureaus;
- File an identity theft complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice's National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF) by completing an NCDF Complaint Form online, or by calling 866-720-5721.
Individuals with information about UI fraud should call (202) 693-6999 or (800) 347-3756, or go to https://www.oig.dol.gov/hotline.htm