Did you know:
- You can have FUN and help raise funds and awareness for this amazing organization?!
- Simply take a photo of yourself as you enjoy a walk or hike.
- Post it as a comment on our pinned Facebook post during the month of June 2022*.
- Northern Skies FCU will donate $10 for every photo-comment added in June 2022 by each unique Facebook profile*.
- As part of the Alaska Community Foundation, the Chugach Park Fund was established to enable Alaskans of all abilities to experience the beauty of the Chugach State Park by enhancing trails and facilities.
- The Chugach Park Fund utilizes volunteers, and raised funds to provide support to the park for many projects such as:
- New interpretive sign at Flattop Sunnyside trailhead.
- Funding for a portion of the Middle Fork Loop trail rebuild.
- Avalanche warning signs as part of an Eagle Scout project.
- Little O'Malley Peak Trail Re-Route.
- New 1.5-mile trail O'Malley Peak Trail to the "Ball Field", built at a sustainable grade, where a once treacherous and erosion-prone gully route existed.
- This year, CPF will focus on cutting back multi-year vegetative overgrowth and drainage issues that have made some trails dangerously narrow and difficult to navigate.
- The Chugach State Park, located in Southcentral Alaska, contains approximately 495,000 acres and is one of the four largest state parks in the United States.
- There are many popular Chugach State Park trails that you may already know and enjoy such as:
*For each photo of one or more individuals walking or hiking that is posted as a comment on our pinned Facebook post in June 2022, Northern Skies FCU will donate $10 to the Chugach Park Fund. Limited to one photo per unique Facebook profile until our goal of $3,000 is reached.