Last updated March 23, 2020
Our focus has always been and always will be the financial well-being of members. To best protect our members, employees, and our community we are temporarily updating our operating plan to minimize foot traffic. Effective immediately essential face to face transactions will be made by appointment only. During this time our drive-thru will remain open. We are confident that, with the use of our drive-thru and other remote services, we can continue to deliver a secure, convenient, and safe banking experience.
The Drive-Thru and ATM Lanes Are Open
- We are maximizing our operations and lifting standard drive-thru limitations to offer the highest quality of service to our members.
- We highly encourage the use of our remote services, such as online banking, the mobile app, and other electronic services, including the use of remote deposit and e-signed loan documents. Register today to view transactions, check balances, make payments, and more.
We recognize that our members have and will endure varying levels of impact from COVID-19. We want you to know that Northern Skies is here to help support you in every way we can. Our goal is to remain adaptable to individual needs and to help ease the financial burden of COVID-19. If you are facing any kind of financial hardship, please contact us to discuss your options. We appreciate your membership and your patience as we navigate through these challenges together.
- Your funds are safe. We are a federally insured credit union, offering a safe place for our members to save money. All deposits are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union. Additional information on NCUA share insurance coverage for consumers is available at MyCreditUnion.gov.
- Keep scammers at bay. Unfortunately, scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding COVID-19. While you may be receiving an increase of emails, calls, posts, some may be a ruse to take your money and get your personal information. Please refer to the FTC for a complete list of tips to help keep scammers at bay.
UPDATED BROWSER REQUIREMENTS - Effective January, 2020
To ensure that you are able to continue to utilize many of the electronic services that we offer, it is essential that you ensure that your internet browsers (mobile devices as well) up to date and supported.
Here is a list of the browsers that will be supported after January, 2020:
* Only when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 starting in January 2020
To help you determine which browser you currently have, simply click on a link below. Then, follow the online links to update your version if need be.
ANCHORAGE SURCHARGE-FREE ATMS
- Costco | Dimond Blvd
- Costco | DeBarr Rd
- Target | 100th Ave
- Target | Tikahtnu
And, don't forget the ATMs at each of our branches:
- Benson Branch | 1001 E Benson | Drive-Thru
- O'Malley Branch | 1000 O'Malley | Drive-Thru
IMPORTANT: UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
It is VERY IMPORTANT that we have updated contact information on file so that you can continue accessing eNavigator online banking. You must have a valid email address and the information you provide at login must match what we have on file for you. For helpful information to help make your transition easy, view our guide.
Update your information today by giving us a call, or by stopping by one of our branches.
WE WANT YOUR STORIES
Northern Skies has definitely grown and experienced many changes over the years. We want to honor our history by putting together a collection of old documents, pictures, letters, and memories our members may have. We would greatly appreciate anything you'd be willing to share. If you'd like to contribute, please contact Robyn at 907-550-4227 or [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
FRAUD PREVENTION SERVICE
In our continuing effort to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential fraud.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from us, with the option to reply with "fraud" or "no fraud".
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7am and 9pm, with the option to reply with "fraud" or "no fraud" option.
- If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. Remember - our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number.
*The phone number for our Fraud Center has changed to 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display whenever you get a call from this number.